A long term project of GVSU, overseen by Jeremy Pyne, geographic information systems manager at the Johnson Center, has just released new data on neighborhoods in West Michigan.
You can compare your neighborhood score to others in town, even output a custom report based on a specific home’s location.
The first phase of the CRI Community Profiles 2.0 aims to build upon CRI’s existing work in housing and economics within the City of Grand Rapids and to further the development and use of neighborhood information and data systems in local policymaking and community building.
This tool allows you to:
- Map housing and economic patterns within a community or neighborhood
- Compare multiple neighborhoods and indicators simultaneously
- Trend information over time and across geographies
- Score neighborhoods based on multiple indicators
- Generate profile reports for your defined or customized geographic areas; and
- Save all of your work through a registered account for future access.